Instruction (Pre-Operative) :
- The patient should have stable refractive error and should carry all relevant reports of the previous examinations.
- Those using contact lenses should discontinue them before surgery as advised by the doctor.
- No Perfumes and make up on the day of treatment.
- They should properly understand the procedure and alternatives before they consent to the surgery
Instruction (Post Operative) :
- Patient should use dark glasses as advised.
- They should take all medications as per the instructions
- They should avoid eye strain (Reading,T.V., Driving Vehicle) as advised.
- They should maintain their regular prescribed follow ups. (1week, 1month, 3 months, every year)
- They should avoid head bath for one week.
- Patient can have normal diet and can perform routine activities after surgery.
- Mild irritation, redness and pain can occur for few days.
Problems and Complications:
- Mild to moderate pain or discomfort may occur to sensitive patients along with watering, redness, etc.
- Over or under corrections are occasionally known.
- Glare, star effects may persist for longer period in few patients.
- Infections may occur due to improper post operative care and may lead to opacities.
- Fluctuation in vision may occur upto 2- 4 weeks.