ABOUT PULZAR Z1
SOLID STATE REFRACTING LASERThe high performance PULZAR Z1 solid state lasers is the future of the refractive surgery, allowing truly customized treatment of large range of vision disorders. By integrating solid state technology with innovating tracking and mapping systems, the PULZAR Z1 reaches new heights of reliability, efficiency and customization. The solid state technology has a small flying spot of 0.6 mm with wavelength of 213 mm to accurately ablate the targeted area. The system is designed to give the surgeon a leading edge in laser vision correction through the use of :-
A. Solid State Reliability
Solid state technology utilizes crystals to create a stable and reliable laser source, eliminating the toxic gas associated with conventional offers superior reliability and predictability that contribute to excellent surgical outcomes for PTK, PRK, LASIK, EPI – LASIK, LASEK and customized procedures.
B. Custom Surgery Solution
A beam size of less than1mm is essential for the creation of a superior customized ablation profile.
C. Superior Tracking Technology
A fundamental requirement for customized refractive surgery is a fast and accurate eye tracking technique for precise laser positioning. The Custom Vis solution to this challenge is the combination of two tracking system, ZTRAK and GAZETRACK.
D. 1:1 Pre – Op. to Treatment Registration
The need for precise pre – op to treatment registration is a prerequisite for custom surgery. This 1:1 registration and matching during treatment planning with ZACAD and Cyclorotation is essential for custom surgery.
The PULZAR – a solid state refractive laser is unique in many ways from traditional Lasers available.
- Use 213mm wavelength as opposed to the traditional 193mm wavelength used in excimer lasers. (The 213mm wavelength is lower thermal damages and less dependence on tissue hydration than 193mm)
- Does not utilize potentially toxic gas, as done by traditional lasers.
- Utilize ZCAD custom treatment software and fast eye tracking system to carefully register comeal positions.
- It intra operatively registers the positions of the eye being treated.
- ZTRAK eye tracker tracks the limbus rather than the pupild meaning no pupil dilation is required for surgery and greater accuracy of the eye tracker is assured.
- Cyclorotation adjustment corrects for involuntary rotation of the eye when lying down (supine position) as opposed to sitting or standing (upright Position). This is important since most diagnostic measurements on the eye are performed with the patient in the sitting or standing position, where as the laser treatment is delivered with the patient lying down.
- Diode pumped ND Yag laser source for support pulse and energy stability.
The system uses a laser beam for the correction of various refractive vision disorders currently including myopia with or without astigmatism, hyperopia with or without astigmatism, irregular astigmatism and re treatment of corneas with irregular astigmatism.
PULZAR is intended for use in refractive surgery operations such ASA LASIK, EPI LASIK, LASEK, PRK and PTK procedures, two type of refractive procedures are possible on the system. Customized (Topography and Wavefront guided) and Standard treatments.
Customized Treatment : Uses a custom treatment plan, which has been previously generated using ZCAD custom planning software. Custom treatments are created using corneal topography and/or wavefront information combined with the patient’s refractive error. This information is then imported into the ZACD custom planning software to create the treatment plan.
Standard Treatment : ZACD software is not used. Patient’s refraction data is directly entered into the Pulzar’s system, standard treatments plans are created without corneal topography or wave front information.
Iris Registration/Cyclotortion Correction : Cyclorotation adjustment corrects for involuntary rotation of the eye when lying down (supine position) as opposed to sitting or standing (upright Position). This is important since most diagnostic measurements on the eye are performed with the patient in the sitting or standing position, where as the laser treatment is delivered with the patient lying down